28-01-2010

Will I ever





© Jack Yeats



One leg before the other,
will I ever stop walking
away ? Mother ? Will I ever
stop fearing why

there was
a cat and a cage and
a rock-solid eye that
kept faith although you
touched falcons

attacking little birds in flight
Will I ever
try
and reach out
without
inscriptions,
mother ?

Mother ?



2 opmerkingen:

  1. What the Water Gave Me (II)

    The water opened
    into the vortex of my daughter’s face.
    Her skin was a rippled mirror.

    She was wearing the bath around her
    like a dress of glistening scales.

    She was my fish-flower.

    I floated on her tongue
    like the word ‘Mama’.


    Pascal Petit- First published in Poetry Wales

    (Will I ever (try
    and) reach out without
    inscriptions, mother ?

    Mother ?)

    Bwa...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Pascal Petit isn't so petit, seeming.

    Thanks,
    Sodade

    - yes, she was my fish-
    flower - Yes !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen